Tuesday, November 18, 2008

UFC Fight Night at Cutie Pie's

Last Saturday was Brother Bob's 48th birthday. We decided to celebrate by watching the UFC 91 fight at a local bar called Cutie Pie's. They are known for their chicken fried steak and waitresses who look like Daisy May from Heehaw. We had a great time even when we waited over 2 hours for a table. I had a great time watching some of the waitresses who were packing a few pounds. Love that!! Any bar willing to employ real women with a few extra pounds is tops on my list.

There's something about UFC that I like, an honesty in a sport where so many sports are just about a paycheck these days. Two guys (sometimes girls) beating each other up. One winner. 'Nuf said. I've always liked boxing for the same reason but I think UFC has eclipsed boxing. Can you name a heavyweight contender these days? Neither can I. From the crowds I saw at Cutie Pie's, I think UFC will be around for awhile. And I will be watching, too.

No comments: