Saturday, February 05, 2011

Snow Crazy

The great ice storm of February 2011 has had me stuck indoors for most of the week. Here is what I have learned from this experience.

1. It's nice that I can VPN in to work and get my job done at home. But I still miss the true snow day of yesteryear. That's not because I am a slacker. I just missed that moment in time when people had to stop their lives for a day or two and wait for Mother Nature to finish her business. It put things in perspective.

2. I hate a silent house. NPR doesn't help, either. 

3. QVC with the volume turned down makes for perfect background noise. I have zero interest in buying anything, the presenters are not screaming about politics and the chatter is steady and soothing.

4. My cat has a whole life I didn't know about.

5. I eat less when I work from home. Hmm... am I nervously munching at work and I don't know it?

6. I really can go for long stretches without bathing.

7. My home office chair is terrible. I now have screaming lower back pain.

8. I miss the gym more than I miss my daily run to Starbucks. Who knew?

9. My neighborhood dressed in white is quite chic.

10. While we do not have any NHL draft picks on our block, I get great pleasure out of watching the neighborhood boys play hocky on the streets outside.

But I really need to get the heck out of this house.

No comments: