Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow No Go - Frisco Style

Okay, Frisco received a fair amount of snow on Sunday and everybody stayed home on Monday. I did not hear but two cars leave my neighborhood between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. I stayed home too. I can work from home (thank you bossman if you are reading this). It is safe to stay home, stay off the perfectly drivable roads, stay put because the kiddies have a two hour school delay, etc.

I get it.

Now, why is it when B and I went to the gym at about 5:30 p.m. we found half of Frisco there? I had to wait in line for 15 minutes to get on a treadmill. B did the same. It was such a new experience for so many gym goers that we had to quickly figure out how we were going to organize ourselves into a queue.

We marveled at the sudden need for people to be fit. Maybe it was the usual post holiday uptick in attendance due to a New Year's resolution to get exercise. Maybe everybody was stir crazy from staying home. Maybe there was some sort of collective Jungian vibe going on in my town.

I don't know.

All I know is I have never seen the Frisco Athletic Center that packed.

And the lady with the skin tight, hot pink, zebra striped hot pants needs to not wear those. Everybody was staring at you and NOT in a good way.

No comments: