Saturday, January 01, 2011

Resolve

Here we go:



1. Respect the Name. Take time signing my name to things. Even if it is a credit card purchase on a digital screen, I should sign like I mean it - legibly and with every letter clearly formed. I've always liked how B. signed his name perfectly to everything and now I would like to take up the habit.

2. Do the little things. Yes, I need to start doing the little things and doing them promptly. Whether that is writing a thank you note within 24 hours, recording my vacation time within two weeks of taking a vacation day or reading all those zillions of administrative e-mails we get at work every day. I need to do the little things. Or else they snowball.

3. Read the white papers. I would benefit greatly in my job if I read all of those white papers and edicts from regulatory bodies. I used to do this every week but I have been slacking recently – largely due to the fact that I bought a Nook. I need to jump back on that band wagon and start reading those white papers religiously.

4. Less sugar. I already know I am a big girl and will always be one. But I want to cut unnecessary sugar out of my diet. It's just not needed.

5. Start writing. I need a creative outlet and knitting, baking, decorating and crafts are just not my thing. I think I’ll try my hand at writing this year. Next year, I resolve to get published.

6. Build a better garden. After years of avoiding “outside” chores, I decided to plant some flowers last Spring. My snow white vincas rocked my 2010 flower beds. My HOA even sent me a congratulatory post card. This year, I am going to create a bigger, bolder garden that will be envy of the neighborhood. I might even try my hand at composting.

No comments: